NO DOGS ALLOWED
The selected event page no longer exists.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING
- Jeans, T-Shirt or long sleeved shirt
-Warm sweater and/or jacket
- Shoes with a good heel, cowboy boots or runners
- Rubber boots and rain coats for rainy days
- NOTE: Ponies & horses love carrots & apples as a treat!
Currently Griffin Valley Ranch is one of the only trail riding venues that offers unguided trail rides. Unguided trail rides are available with the purchase of an $80 membership, expiring 1 year from the date of purchase. Members must have riding experience. Members must bring at least one guest to ride with but can have up to 5 guests under their membership. Each guest will pay the riding rates listed below. Please click on the 'bookings' icon to reserve your ride.
1 hour $40.00
1.5 hour $50.00
2 hour $60.00
Prices do not include GST
Note: All riders must complete an acknowledgment of risk and release of liability document. Also, riders under 18 years of age must have their legal parents or guardians fill out an acknowledgment of risk and release of liability document for them prior to riding.
***Members must bring at least 1 guest to ride with***
1. Ride in single file and keep your group together. You can only ride as fast
as your least experienced rider.
2. Horses are never to be ridden at a high rate of speed or full gallop even
if all riders are experienced. Absolutely no racing. (If horses return to
the barn with nostrils flaring, hot and sweaty, you have run the horses
3. Horses must be at a walk when leaving and returning to the barn.
4. Always walk horses downhill.
5. Never trade horses out on the trail.
6. Reins are not to be wrapped around your hands or body and are not to
be used to tie up your horse.
7. Watch the ground and don’t let horses walk over wire gates or barbed
8. Hold onto your horse if you dismount to open a gate. All other riders are
to pass through the open gate and wait for the dismounted rider.
9. No smoking or drinking alcohol on the trails. You may not ride if you are
under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
10. Stay on the trails and avoid any muskeg or boggy areas.
11. Members must ride with at least one guest.
12. No dogs allowed.
13. All riders under the age of 18 must wear a helmet.
14. We advise all riders have proper foot wear.