Unguided Trail Riding
Currently Griffin Valley Ranch is one of the only trail riding venues that offer unguided trail rides. Members must have riding experience and be at least 18 years of age. Members must bring at least one guest to ride with but can have up to 3 guests under their membership. All guests must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate in unguided riding.
- May-Oct $100.00
- July-Oct $75.00
- Aug-Oct $50.00
- 1 month $50.00
Each member and guest will pay the riding rates listed below.
1 hour $45.00
1.5 hour $65.00
2 hour $80.00
Prices do not include GST
Note: All riders must complete an acknowledgment of risk and release of liability document.
***Members must bring at least 1 guest to ride with***
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Ride in single file and keep your group together. You can only ride as fast as your least experienced rider.
- Horses are never to be ridden at a high rate of speed or full gallop even if all riders are experienced. Absolutely no racing. (If horses return to the barn with nostrils flaring, hot and sweaty, you have run the horses too hard.)
- Horses must be at a walk when leaving and returning to the barn.
- Always walk horses downhill.
- Never trade horses out on the trail.
- Reins are not to be wrapped around your hands or body and are not to be used to tie up your horse.
- Watch the ground and don’t let horses walk over wire gates or barbed wire.
- Hold onto your horse if you dismount to open a gate. All other riders are to pass through the open gate and wait for the dismounted rider.
- No smoking or drinking alcohol on the trails. You may not ride if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Stay on the trails and avoid any muskeg or boggy areas.
- Members must ride with at least one guest.
- No dogs allowed.
- All riders under the age of 18 must wear a helmet.
- We advise all riders have proper foot wear.